You can apply to Study in Canada either as an international student or a domestic student (PR and Canadian Citizens). This page in particular deals with options for International Students. While the coursework largely remains the same, the application process, tuition fee etc. might differ for domestic students.

Undergraduate studies in Canada can take three or four years to complete, depending on the university or college you choose. Similarly, Postgraduate degrees, diplomas or certificates can last between one and three years to complete.

There are two types of higher education providers in Canada:

  1. Universities (research-oriented institutions that grant Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D.)
  2. Colleges (that grants certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and bachelor’s degrees).

Reasons to study in a College in Canada:

  1. Not so heavy on your pocket: Colleges are generally light on your pocket and ensure you don’t start your life with a huge debt. The average tuition in a college might be between CAD 15000-25000/year depending on the program and location.
  2. Small class size: The average class size in a college is between 30-40 students which means your learning experience is more personalized and you are connected better with your teachers
  3. More Accepting: Some colleges accept you regardless of the gap in your education, work experience, and age.
  4. Short and Long Term Programs: You can choose programs that are one, two, or three years in duration.
  5. Innovative Programs: Ontario’s colleges are leaders in technology and workforce development, preparing students for success in not only the cutting-edge careers of today but also those of tomorrow.

Colleges in Ontario

Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology
1385 Woodroffe Ave
Nepean ON  K2G 1V8
Telephone: 613-727-4723 or 1-800-565-4723
Admissions: 613-727-0002
Fax: 613-727-7754
Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
205 Humber College Blvd
Toronto ON  M9W 5L7
Telephone: 416-675-3111
Admissions: 416-675-5000
Fax: 416-675-2427
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
1400 Barrydowne Rd
Sudbury ON  P3A 3V8
Telephone: 705-566-8101 or 1-800-461-7145
Admissions: 705-524-7300
Fax: 705-524-7334
La Cité collégiale
801, promenade de l’Aviation
Ottawa ON  K1K 4R3
Telephone: 613-742-2483 or 1-800-267-2483
Fax: 613-742-2481
Canadore College of Applied Arts and Technology
100 College Dr
PO Box 5001
North Bay ON  P1B 8K9
Telephone: 705-474-7600 or 1 855 495-7915
Admissions: 705-474-7600, ext 5123
Fax: 705-494-2384
Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology
1457 London Rd
Sarnia ON  N7S 6K4
Telephone: 519-542-7751
Admissions: 519-542-7751 ext 2403
Fax: 519-541-2426
Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology
PO Box 631 Stn A
Toronto ON  M1K 5E9
Telephone: 416-289-5000 or 1-800-268-4419 (Ontario only)
Admissions: 416-289-5300
Fax: 416-289-5279
Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology
376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Rd
PO Box 4200
Belleville ON  K8N 5B9
Telephone: 613-969-1913 or 1-888-569-2547
Admissions: 613-969-1913, ext 2204
Fax: 613-962-1376
Collège Boréal
21, boul Lasalle
Sudbury ON  P3A 6B1
Telephone: 705-560-6673 or 1-800-361-6673
Admissions: 1-800-361-6673, ext 1090
Fax: 705-560-7641
Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology
135 Fennell Ave W
PO Box 2034
Hamilton ON  L8N 3T2
Telephone: 905-575-1212 or 1-866-410 4795
Admissions: 905-575-2000
Fax: 905-575-2378
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
299 Doon Valley Dr
Kitchener ON  N2G 4M4
Telephone: 519-748-5220
Admissions: 519-748-5220, ext 3656
Fax: 519-895-1097
Niagara College of Applied Arts and Technology
100 Niagara College Blvd.
Welland ON  L3C 7L3
Telephone: 905-735-2211
Admissions: 905-735-2211, ext 7619
Fax: 905-736-6000
Confederation College of Applied Arts and Technology
1450 Nakina Dr
PO Box 398 Stn F
Thunder Bay ON  P7C 4W1
Telephone: 807-475-6110 or 1-800-465-5493
Admissions: 807-475-6213 or 1-800-263-9415 (Ontario and Manitoba)
Fax: 807-473-3731
Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
4715 Hwy 101 E
PO Box 3211
Timmins ON  P4N 8R6
Telephone: 705-235-3211
Admissions: 705-235-7222 or 1-866-736-5877
Fax: 705-235-7279
Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology
2000 Simcoe St N
Oshawa ON  L1H 7K4
Telephone: 905-721-2000
Admissions: 905-721-3000
Fax: 905-721-3113
St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology
2000 Talbot Rd W
Windsor ON  N9A 6S4
Telephone: 519-966-1656 or 1-800-387-0524
Admissions: 519-972-2759
Fax: 519-972-3811
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd
London ON  N5Y 5R6
Telephone: 519-452-4430
Admissions: 519-452-4277
Fax: 519-452-4420
St. Lawrence College of Applied Arts and Technology
100 Portsmouth Ave
Kingston ON  K7L 5A6
Telephone: 613-544-5400
Admissions: 1-800-463 0752
Fax: 613-545-3923
Fleming College of Applied Arts and Technology
599 Brealey Dr
Peterborough ON  K9J 7B1
Telephone: 705-749-5530 or 1-866-353-6464
Admissions: 705-749-5514
Fax: 705-749-5507
Sault College of Applied Arts and Technology
443 Northern Ave
PO Box 60
Sault Ste. Marie ON  P6A 5L3
Telephone: 705-759-2554 or 1-800-461-2260
Admissions: 705-759-6700 or 1-800-461-2260
Fax: 705-759-3273
George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology
PO Box 1015 Stn B
Toronto ON  M5T 2T9
Telephone: 416-415-2000 or 1-800-265-2002
Admissions:  416-415-5000 ext 4805
Fax: 416-415-4993
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
1750 Finch Ave E
North York ON  M2J 2X5
Telephone: 416-491-5050
Admissions: 416-491-5050, ext 22800
Fax: 416-493-3958
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology
1 Georgian Dr
Barrie ON  L4M 3X9
Telephone: 705-728-1968
Admissions: 705-722-1511
Fax: 705-722-5118
Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
1430 Trafalgar Rd
Oakville ON  L6H 2L1
Telephone: 905-845-9430
Admissions: 905-845-9430
Fax: 905-845-4148

Universities in Ontario

Algoma University
1520 Queen St E
Sault Ste Marie ON  P6A 2G4
Tel: 705-949-2301
Admissions: 1-888-254-6628
Fax: 705-949-6583
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St
Toronto ON  M5B 2K3
Tel: 416-979-5000
Admissions: 416-979-5036
Fax: 416-979-5221
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave
St. Catharines ON  L2S 3A1
Tel: 905-688-5550
Admissions: 905-688-5550 ext 3431
Fax: 905-988-5488
Trent University
1600 West Bank Dr
Peterborough ON  K9J 7B8
Tel: 705-748-1011
Admissions: 705-748-1215
Fax: 705-748-1629
Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON  K1S 5B6
Tel: 613-520-7400
Admissions: 613-520-3663
Fax: 613-520-4455
University of Guelph
50 Stone Rd E
Guelph ON  N1G 2W1
Tel: 519-824-4120
Admissions: 519-821-2130
Fax: 519-766-9481
Lakehead University
955 Oliver Rd
Thunder Bay ON  P7B 5E1
Tel: 807-343-8110
Admissions: 807-343-8500
Fax: 807-343-8023
University of Hearst
60 Ninth Street
Hearst ON P0L 1N0
Tel: 705-372-1781
Toll-free: 1-800-887-1781
Admissions: 705-372-1781 ext. 234
Fax: 705-362-7518
Laurentian University
935 Ramsey Lake Rd
Sudbury ON  P3E 2C6
Tel: 705-675-1151
Admissions: 705-675-4843
Fax: 705-675-4891
Université de l’Ontario français
9 Lower Jarvis St
Toronto ON  M5E 1Z2
Tel: 416-459-4993
McMaster University
1280 Main St W
Hamilton ON  L8S 4L8
Tel: 905-525-9140
Admissions: 905-525-9140 ext 24796
Fax: 905-527-1105
University of Ottawa
75 Laurier Ave E
Ottawa ON  K1N 6N5
Tel: 613-562-5700 or Tel: 1-877-868-8292
Admissions: 613-562-5700 ext 5315
Fax: 613-562-5323
Nipissing University
100 College Dr
PO Box 5002
North Bay ON  P1B 8L7
Tel: 705-474-3450
Fax: 705-474-1947
University of Toronto
27 King’s College Circle
Toronto ON  M5S 1A1
Tel: 416-978-2011
Admissions: 416-978-2190
Fax: 416-978-6089
University of Toronto Mississauga:
Tel: 905-569-4455
University of Toronto Scarborough:
Tel: 416-287-8872
OCAD University
100 McCaul St
Toronto ON  M5T 1W1
Tel: 416-977-6000
Admissions: 416-977-6000 ext 4869
Fax: 416-977-6006
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave W
Waterloo ON  N2L 3G1
Tel: 519-885-1211
Admissions: 519-888-4567 ext 33106
Fax: 519-746-2882
Ontario Tech University
2000 Simcoe St N
Oshawa ON  L1H 7K4
Tel: 905-721-8668
Fax: 905-721-3178
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Ave
Windsor ON  N9B 3P4
Tel: 519-253-3000
Admissions: 519-253-3000 ext 3315
Fax: 519-971-3653
Queen’s University
99 University Ave
Kingston ON  K7L 3N6
Tel: 613-533-2000
Admissions: 613-533-2218
Fax: 613-533-6810
Western University
1151 Richmond St
London ON  N6A 3K7
Tel: 519-661-2111
Admissions: 519-661-2100
Fax: 519-661-3388
Royal Military College
PO Box 17000 Stn Forces
Kingston ON  K7K 7B4
Tel: 613-541-6000
Admissions: 613-541-6000 ext 6984 or 6652
Fax: 613-542-3565
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Ave W
Waterloo ON  N2L 3C5
Tel: 519-884-1970
Admissions: 519-884-1970 ext 3351
Fax: 519-884-8826
York University
4700 Keele St
Toronto ON  M3J 1P3
Tel: 416-736-2100
Admissions: 416-736-5000
Fax: 416-736-5536


If you are an international student wanting to study in Canada (i.e. you are neither a Permanent Resident nor a Canadian Citizen), you would require a study permit to study in Canada. This can be applied online (in most cases) once you have a letter of acceptance from the College or University you intend to study in.

Depending on the country you are from, you will also need either a TRV (Temporary Residence Visa) required by nationals of countries that require a visa to enter or an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) required by nationals of countries that do not require a visa to enter Canada.

Click here for the most up-to-date information

Bringing your Spouse and/or Child to Canada 

If you are planning to Study in Canada and wish to bring your spouse and/or your child. They may be eligible to work and/or study in Canada for the duration that you (the primary applicant) are allowed to stay in Canada.

The spouse of a student with a valid study permit may apply for an open work permit.

The child of a student with a valid study permit may apply for a study permit to study in Canada.

Post Graduate Work Permit STUDY IN CANADA

You will get a Post-Graduate work permit that spans anywhere between one (1) and three (3) years – after you graduate. The duration of the work permit depends on the duration of your study in Canada and a few other factors.

Pathways to Permanent Residence

Canadian education adds extra CRS points to your total.

Post-secondary education in Canada – credential of one or two years 15
Post-secondary education in Canada – credential three years or longer 30

Additionally, depending on the province you completed your education from, you may be eligible for a Provincial Nomination or points towards Provincial Nomination.